The EF1459 is a horizontal band saw on a vertical frame. An all-purpose band saw, it handles all metals, plastics, and woods in a wide variety of cuts. It is a fast, accurate cut-off machine that is perfect for notching, slitting, and slotting. A reliable addition to your shop floor, this band saw doubles as a contour, profile, and rip saw.Accurate Gravity Feed
The EF1459 band saw has a capacity of 14-1/2" under the guides and a 9" cut. The blade and vertical column travel on an inclined track that feeds into the cut in a straight path. Gravity enables the blade to find its most efficient feed rate. Counterweight control provides adjustment for optimum cutting pressure and long blade life. The work piece remains stationary and your hands need not be in the cutting area during cut-off, an important safety feature.Hydraulic Feed Control and Blade Shield
The Roll-In Saw Vertical EF1459 is equipped with a hydraulic safety feed regulator and adjustable saw blade guard. An adjustable stop can be pre-set to control the depth that the blade travels into the work.High Quality Yet Cost-Effective
The Roll-In Saw EF1459 is equipped with a large, rigid 18-1/2" x 30" precision-ground table. Hardened grooved roller guides allow blades from 1/4" to 3/4" wide without adjustment. Blade wheels have rubber tires to prevent blade slippage. The band saw comes furnished with an angle plate swivel work block, large C-clamp, blade/speed selector chart, blade, one horsepower motor and switch.Technical Data:
- Capacity Under Guides: 14-1/2"
- Throat: 8-3/4"
- Blade Travel: 9" Blade travel into work
- Blade Size: 3/4" Width x 8/12T x 10' Length .035 thick (bi-metal)
- Guards: Covers 4 step pulleys, blade and lower wheel
- Guide Rollers for Blade Width: 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4"
- Blade Speeds: 70, 140, 270 and 525 fpm
- Table: Precision ground, cast iron table, 18-1/2" x 30"
- Table Height: 30" from floor
- Wheels: Cast iron, 14" x 1-1/8"
- Wheel Tires: Replaceable rubber
- Dimensions: 30" Width x 66" Height x 40" Length